Monday, May 20, 2013

Woody Allen, Louis C.K, Kelly Rowland, New Beats & Inspiration...

Real Talk,
Posted up at the shadiest table possible at my local bar spot.
Having myself a day, a bad one.

When you get older and you have been on your own for a significant amount of time, bad days are just bad days. You have your local spot, you post up .. no words are exchanged concerning your stand offish behavior, because everyone already knows..
"well shes just having a day......"

Thats New York City.
A lot of people dealing, indepedantly to best of their abilities the only way they know how....

So in other words im doing me,
Found a few "pick me up" gem's via the internet tonight.

Comedy & Beat's
What else?

Here's a few things you might enjoy.

1. Kelly Rowland dropped a SERIOUS bomb music wise, still floored.... pleasantly suprised, needed something to relate to tonight and i found it in her new album ..  "Dirty Laundry" Jesus Mother Fucking Christ,

"preach it"

Also,

2. SFV LP "PT SEX"  "tits" ironic as fuck, but .. (tit's nonetheless)
3. "I Cry" ft. Gemma Dunleavy 
4. Space of time - "you don't fade"

COMEDY:

Louis CK
1."Why?"
2. "Stupid Facebook Post's"
3. "Somebody for Everyone"


Intense but enlightening:
Inside The Actors Studio - Dave Chappelle  (wowww?) 
Inside the mind of a genius that can't deal, & stay's keeping it real, beyond his control.
  
Some Woody Allen?
Yes Please.  

Rolling Stone magazine from April 9, 1987
 "Someone once asked me if my dream was to live on in the hearts of people, and I said I would prefer to live on in my apartment." 
I can relate.

Woody Allen on Paying rent in NYC, i hear ya ..
"Hey listen — I've proved a lot of things. That's how I pay my rent. Theories and little observations. A puckish remark now and then. Occasional maxims. It beats picking olives, but let's not get carried away."   

Hey, New York City... "this right here"

"You know, the whole American culture is going down the drain, you can't turn on a television set and see anything, or walk in the street and not find garbage, or neighborhoods that were formerly beautiful now have McDonald's in them, and it's all a part of an enormous degeneration of culture in the United States. People that exist in that culture are forced to make moral decisions all the time about their lives, their occupations, their love-lives, and they make decisions that are commensurate with what's happening to them in this culture, and it's too bad that that's happening because that's what Manhattan is about, that New York used to be such a great city, so wonderful, and it has to fight every day for its survival against the encroachment of all this terrible ugliness that is gradually overcoming all the big cities in America.

This ugliness comes from a culture that has no spiritual center, a culture that has money and education, but no sense of being at peace with the world, no sense of purpose in life. They don't know what they're doing, or why they're here. They have no religious center, they have no philosophical center, and so they act, they do what's expedient at the moment. They have no long view of society. They only have the view of quick money, and kill the pain of the moment, and so instead of dealing with the real problems that exist, that are complicated, they sweep them under the rug by turning on the television set, or taking cocaine, or doing many things that enable them to escape confrontation with the unpleasant realities of the world."  


INTERVIEWER
Were you funny as a kid?
ALLEN
Yes, I was an amusing youngster. Incidentally, people always relate that to being raised Jewish. It’s a myth. Many great funnymen were not Jewish: W. C. Fields, Jonathan Winters, Bob Hope, Buster Keaton . . . I never saw any connection between ethnicity or religion or race and humor.
INTERVIEWER
Were you asked to perform at school functions?
ALLEN
I didn’t perform a lot, but I was amusing in class, among friends and teachers.
INTERVIEWER
So it wasn’t the sort of humor that would upset the authorities?
ALLEN
Sometimes it was, yes. My mother was called to school frequently because I was yelling out things in class, quips in class, and because I would hand in compositions that they thought were in poor taste, or too sexual. Many, many times she was called to school.

I always thought me not being a Jew was the missing link....

INTERVIEWER
When you’re writing, do you think about your audience? Updike, for instance, once said that he liked to think of a young kid in a small Midwestern town finding one of his books on a shelf at a public library.
ALLEN
I’ve always felt that I try to aim as high as I can at the time, not to reach everybody, because I know that I can’t do that, but always to try to stretch myself. I’d like to feel, when I’ve finished a film, that intelligent adults, whether they’re scientists or philosophers, could go in and see it and not come out and feel that it was a total waste of time. That they wouldn’t say, Jesus, what did you get me into? If I went in to see Rambo, I’d say, Oh, God, and then after a few minutes I’d leave. Size of audience is irrelevant to me. The more the better, but not if I have to change my ideas to seduce them.


"I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers"
#WoodyAllen #preach

I had this math teacher once...... 



Thats it. 
Bye.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment