Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Next Level Playlist for you Whiskey & Spliff style Morning Runners

Woke up at 6:00 am today with only THE best of intentions, checked my iPhone for the weather update, put my spandex on accordingly, recovered my sneakers from where they had been hiding under a pile of clothes, after ripping my room into shreds in the efforts to find them. 

All of a sudden, I hear the clasp on my window box start to jiggle (I live in a ground level apartment - so yeah that isn't supposed to happen). 

I look up from tying my left shoe and i see a creepy bald, redish looking polish man creeping in on me.
 
I immediately grabbed for my survival kit, my "mystery" clutch that contains two knives, mace and an almost full can of oven cleaner, (which is kept under my right pillow) I was told once that "ain't no body coming back from oven cleaner in their eyes." So i took this advice to heart and went and got some oven cleaner.

Just a little girl living alone, fighting my own weird little battles.

Again, I found myself alone. No one to back me, so i got to it right quick and took out my essentials. I saw that he was walking toward the other room where the bigger windows were so i tore threw my bedroom door and met him just there.

He like completely puzzled by the result of my flight or fright reaction, which was totally leaning more toward flight & or run outside like the matrix, spray oven cleaner in his eyes and stab him right in the forehead with one of my mothers stainless steal Williams and Sonoma butcher knives i ganked last visit. 

Good thing i thought, i knew i would have to shank someone around here. It got a little to quiet for me in my neighborhood. This Spanish chick named Leslie once told me that her neighborhood which was Spanish Harlem was way less scary than my neighborhood because people were always around and lively and it was the quiet neighborhoods that should make you afraid, her exact words were "what is everyone being so quiet about, who about to pull a drive by?"

Having retained this information, i take notice of when my hood seems to be on the rather quiet side and i prepare for war, knifes all up in the bed... oven cleaner at an arms length. 

When people try and tell me something that they think i might need to know for the future, i always make special note of it espescially living in New York City and being mad single and living in a 6 bedroom loft alone. Sure, there might be many hiding places, but .. you know how that ends up.

Anyways .. back to super creep:   

I asked him, "what the fuck do you want banging on people's door's at 6am you fucking animal?" (direct quote)

He told me he lived across the hall and gave the wrong address and i told him "oh hell no, those are my homeboys across the hall and you do not live there."

Then he asked if he could use my phone real quick, in return he would offer me his drivers liscence and i asked him what good that would do me when i was dead and skinned and being worn in some polish elk's club dinner in Maspeth, Queens.

He told me i was right, which clearly I was.

"Stranger Danger"
"Stranger Danger"

My heart was racing, this jerk off had really ruined my morning motivation.

It wasn't until i walked into a better situation.
  Walking into the center of living room of my giant lonely loft, I then took sight of a giant unsmocked spliff that had been clearly left out of the kitchen table from the night before. Now i am not one to smoke weed (surprisingly) 

But.... Everything in this house that is a substance (at least) should belong to me, no words exhanched, just because money and dues are owed to me by the others as if  being cheap was a major offered in college and they had both recieved their Phd's.

So i do what i want, in a "sorry im not sorry fashion"



I thought well, fuck, shit, piss, damn ect.

 If I am going to be disrespectful and lay the law down once and a while, this would be an ideal opportunity to say the least. 
I finished tying the neon laces on my nike’s  and sat deep back into contemplation in one of the kitchen chair's, propped my feet right up on that  table. 
Holding this giant blunt in the middle of my face and thought to myself how I really have never been much of a weed person. Especially before engaging in athletic activities and how unlike me this behavior actually was, but then again falling asleep mid masturbation on ambien had once not been "me" either. 

Table made of old skateboards in my travel
I was down. Plus i had never looked at graffiti stoned before.

It was clear this journey was going to need a soundtrack.


 I figured, fuck it .. Ill smoke this spliff and ill take a different kind of run.


 Noticing out from the corner of my eye their was about a shot of whiskey or two in an almost empty bottle Wild Turkey bottle directly to the right of me.

 I indugled further, take notice this was at approx. 8:17am. Slightly tipsy and completely blazed, I was all ready for this scenic run.  Feeling a little different about my state of being, I thought this experience would go much more smoothly to an eclectic playlist from a mixture of different generes. 

Just because I knew I was going to be feeling all sorts of ways throughout this run. I needed to be prepared, passing sober people on their way to work being blazed out of my mind speeding past the Church Street bound G stop Entry, enduring looks, (or thinking this much at least). I sat propped up, smoking that spliff, I took a few candid mirror shots on my iphone and got down to business formulating a good playlist for this type of situation, a situation I was over thinking for sure, but nonetheless …. 
A good playlist was coming out of this, it was early in the day and I had some time to spend which has become a treasured rarety in my life recently. 

I got to disrespect my roommate who has caused nothing but drama for two months, I was really relaxed and vibing out, open mind, clear thoughts, the right time to compile this clever playlist.

I was in no doubt really feeling myself at this point. 

Sadly, i took a few candid selfies of myself and once i had completed this STELLAR playlist i set off on my all morning journey. A few Graffiti artist's to check up on, a few other females in running clothes to compare myself to, I was out kids.


This playlist has a lot going on, I hope your ready for all these emotions.
I took risks.
The outcome was rather awesome.


It went a little like this......

 I did just this……

The title of my Playlist: “Sorry I’m Not Sorry Dicks”

 It's an odd mixture, but you'll understand why, just try not to think about it too much, don't think about anything too much.

EB. White Graffiti Artist in Brooklyn


Tripel Graffiti / Stencil Artist's in Brookyn
Always something new to discover
Hilarious, i have no idea who is responsible for this.

 Playlist <3 Enjoy Kids:

         1.Dreams – Fleetwood Mac
         2.Black Betty- Ram Jam   just screams disrespect & as I explained that was what I was going for  
        3.Sweet Emotion – Aerosmith (Steady pace going)
4.  Black Water – The Doobie Brothers
5.  Wheel in the sky – Journey (always hesitant to admit I actually like journey) here it goes
6.  Somebody to love – Jefferson Airplane
7.  The Passenger – Iggy Pop (for all “duh” purposes)
8.   Smalltown Boy – Bronski Beat (just trust me)
9.  One Way or Another – Blondie (b/c I was going to be smoking that spliff one way or another)
10. Hot Stuff 12” Version – Donna Summer (b/c I never drink whiskey or smoke full blunts so I felt all hot, wild and what have you)
11.              Stepping out – Joe Jackson (who really knows why actually, but it works.)
12.              Dancing with Myself – Billy Idol “Duh”
13.              The look – Roxette
14.              Land of confusion – Genesis
15.              Relax – Frankie goes to Hollywood
16.              Love my Way – Psychedelic Furs (key to mix) PAY ATTENTION
17.              Girls on Film – Duran Duran ... What kind of mix would this be with out Duran Duran, not one at all.
18.              Self Control – Laura Branigan
19.              December – Collective Soul
20.              Fly Away – Lenny Kravitz fly away with pot that doesnt belong to you & do it with poise & grace.
21.              Peaches – Presidents of the United States
22.              Jump – Kriss Kross  I refuse to explain this one.
23.              Ava Adore – Smashing Pumpkins for those with those good ol' daddy issues.. aint mad atcha
24.              TLC – no scrubs your best than it keep running, keep that body girl no scrubs up in hur.
25.              Mereditch Brooks – Bitch ha, this is just for me... i'm the bitch.
26.              Sanctuary- Sbtrkt Taking and electronic twist, roll with it.
27.              Tycho- Coastal Break
28.              Daft  Punk- Derezzed a little motivation from Daft Punk never a bad idea.
29.              Grum – Cant Shake this feeling
30.              Blackbird Black Bird- All
31.              Airhead – Wait
32.              Night Shift in blue – Jonti
33.              Little Dragon – Ritual Union
34.              Beni – Love Scene
35.              Rustie – After light One of my personal fav's keep it moving.
36.              Kiasmos – Thrown
37.              Mimosa – Psychedelic Stereo (anything produced by mimosa tends to be pretty awesome)
38.              CFCF- Exercise for spirit


(finale – because you should excersise for spirit but to the right kind of flow)

In my travels.



I'm not saying i had GREAT intentions for making this playlist, It was more of a get even playlist but i got into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment